Face Lift procedure is becoming more and more popular these days and is mainly recommended to both men and women who would like to minimize or even completely get rid of the visible signs of aging and, additionally, rejuvenate their facial features. It has been reported by experts that this cosmetic surgery can make a person look even 10 years younger. However, that does not mean though that it prevents the aging process, and removes its traces once for all.
Face Lift is performed on an outpatient basis, under local anaesthetic, which denotes that a patient is conscious during the procedure, however does not experience any pain or discomfort. The estimated time of the procedure takes from about 2 to 6 hours. The incision is made in the hairline area and for men in the beard surrounding, consequently, the scars may be easily covered with natural hair afterwards. Over the Face Lift, the facial skin is gently and thoroughly stretched, and the underlying muscles are tightened by a cosmetic surgeon. If the patient requires, some disturbed amount of fat, as well as the excess skin may also be removed.
The procedure of Face Lift excels in dealing with the following aging signs:
– loosen skin on the face and neck,
– crow’s feet, smile lines, face and forehead lines or folds,
– jowls and excess fat on the neck and face,
– nasal-labial folds.
In fact, there are a number of issues the Face Lift is not recommended, for instance the excess fat and skin in the areas of lower and upper eyebrows, or wrinkles around the mouth for which completely different procedures are used, however, often combined with Face Lift, such as Fat Transfer and Blepharoplasty.
Additionally, there are important factors that should be restricted in order to reduce the possible risks connected to the procedure and to improve the final effect. Due to that, the patient should be aware of smoking or drinking alcohol for at least two weeks before and after the surgery. It is also advisable to grow one’s hair longer, in order to cover the scars. It is natural that after the procedure patients may expect to experience discomfort, as well as some bruising and swelling may occur. These distressing sensations, however should start appearing after about a week. For the first 3 days and nights following the procedure cool and mashed are advised. On the top of that, you should reduce the facial expressions for one to two weeks, so not to excessively stretch, or pull the skin. Moreover, a patient ought to avoid taking baths, sauna, solarium, or swimming pool, as well as sunbathing for a month, as the facial skin is very sensitive and delicate. Resume intense exercises, gym, fitness, aerobics, or strenuous work after about 3-4 weeks from the procedure. Frequent and long walks are highly recommended as they have a positive influence not only on our mood but body as well.
By and large, many people consider that non-surgical methods such as Botox, dermal fillers or Fat Transfer are a better and safer choice, as they are less invasive. None of them, though, will ever be as effective or bring such satisfying results as the surgical Face Lift does. These procedures will certainly refresh the facial features and minimize some wrinkles and lines, but taking into consideration that the results are not so long-lasting, the procedures should be repeated in order to improve the final effects.
Before & After
Please, note that the final results depend not only on the surgeon, but also the anatomical conditions of the patient and healing process.
If a patient is not satisfied with the results from the surgery and from the medical point of view there is a possibility to correct it, we offer corrective procedure free of charge. However, the patient needs to pay for flights, accommodation, etc. on his/her own.
– Annie, UK, Face LiftI found the clinic very friendly and helpful. I felt very safe, and confident as Dr. Rataj was gentle and professional.
– Clare, Scotland, RhinoplastyI am very happy with my Rhinoplasty so far. It is only day 7 and already my swelling and bruising is almost gone. I felt almost no pain and healed very quickly. Great surgeon and very friendly staff.
– Eira, Spain, Face LiftI was lucky to find this Clinic. Compared to clinics in other countries the price/quality relationship is excellent; you will definitely get value for your money. Dr. Rataj and his nurse are both very pleasant people who made me feel relaxed. Dr. Rataj performed my surgeries so gently that I hardly had any swelling or pain.
– Claire, HamiltonI really wanted a facelift and knew it was the answer to the ageing process for me, I was very nervous about the outcome – I wanted a natural result, and am happy to say that was exactly what I received. Dr Peter took time to listen to me, he promised me I would be happy with the result and I can say without a doubt that he produced the results I hoped for. People tell me how well I look, how great I look for my age, I’m so glad I did it, no regrets whatsoever. The skin around my jaw is tightened now, and the folds are gone from the sides of my mouth. My complexion is fresher, too, because the skin is firmer. It was worth the short-term discomfort of the operation in order for me to enjoy the long-term benefits, and having the Assistance Package meant I had help at hand for the whole period of time I was in Poland, which was absolutely excellent. The cost of my surgery was very reasonable compared with prices in England, which made it possible for me to book in with Dr Peter. Thank you for everything.
Book the procedure!
To book the procedure or submit a question contact our English-speaking Patient Coordinator via e-mail: email@example.com, or give us a call at (0048) 604 454 212.
You may also contact us through our website using REQUEST INFORMATION form.